Forsaken Bloodlines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans Witches Werewolves Vampires

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Now we sound the drums of war!

Go down 
+2
Jane
Dean
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dean

Dean

Now we sound the drums of war! Empty
PostSubject: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 am

Dean paced his inner chamber. Handing rubbing furiously against the back of his neck. It had been eighteen long years since the battle went silent. That was not to say those years had been without conflict, they had been filled with it. He wanted an end to it. For his son, for his daughter, for the man he once called brother, Korso. He wanted to silence the greatest evil of all, Frollo. He wanted to grow old without the fear that all he loved would be ripped from him in the dead of night.

He wouldn't fail to protect his clan the way he had failed to protect Odette, to protect his dear late wife, Belle. He had too many failures in his life. He wanted to do something right but, all this was weakness that he would never show another soul. Well maybe just one soul. She knew all there was to know about him. With her he could be the carefree sou.l he had been in his youth. Now responsibility, responsibility that had been his Father's now fell heavy on his ageing shoulders and, he did not want Tulio to have this burden.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:17 am

Jane laughed light-heartedly at something Tulio had said which made her smile before they both became serious as they entered the secret caves. They each took a place at the opposite sides of their father. She didn't really say a word but stood with her hands clasped tightly around her back as she waited for other people to enter the room.

Glancing at her father, she couldn't help but wonder why he had called the meeting and what new information had arisen. She couldn't help but wonder if the rumours of the guns with silver bullets could possibly be true and it pained her to think her clan and family could be placed in so much danger.

Last edited by Jane on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://forsakenbloodlines.rpg-board.net
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:22 am

Pocahontas knew that there was a meeting today, and had headed towards the secret cave. She was wondering what was going to happen in the meeting, and was wondering if everyone will agree for once. It was sometimes annoying when everyone didn't agree.. Especially when they wouldn't listen to Dean. Especially since he wanted to keep them safe, but she did agree sometimes he was wrong. But she would never yell at her best friend about his ways of protection.

Please everyone get along today.

She walked into Dean's room, stopping when she saw he was pacing back and forth. And could tell immediately something was wrong. She headed towards him.

"Dean?" She asked, before placing a hand gently on his shoulder. "What's wrong? And don't say nothing is wrong, I wouldn't like it if you lied to me." She said softly, wanting to help her dear friend calm down. Especially when he had a meeting that was about to start.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 am

Jane couldn't help but look up as Pocahontas approached them since she was stood beside her father. She frowned, anxious at what was wrong. She knew her daddy well but she had been so wrapped up in her own thoughts about the gun rumours, she hadn't noticed his pacing. Biting her lip, she looked up at him with her wide blue eyes.

"Daddy?" Jane joined Pocahontas' asking of what was wrong, thinking together, the two most important women in his life might be able to ease it out of him. "It can't be that... Are the rumours true...?" She gasped a little, wondering if that could be what was the matter.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:30 am

He had kept himself away from the centre of the clan. Pacing. A room full of people, people that he was responsible for and still, still he felt alone. He could sense Tulio and Jane looking worriedly on at him. He paced a lot. He was a pacer by nature. The clan took it for his impatience, his ill temper a lot of the time, those that knew him better knew the difference in his steps, the ones that meant he was worried.

The one that knew best had just entered the room. He knew her scent better than anyone's in all honesty. His second in command, his best friend and the surrogate mother to his children, Pocahontas.

Dean heard her soft footsteps under his own as he continued to pace. Thoughts ran rabid in his mind like cubs in heat and when he felt her hand on his shoulder everything stopped for a moment.

She had this way of calming him down by just being their. He cocked his head over his shoulder and smiled sadly at her. The stress and his age weighing on him more so than usual. He took her by the wrist and led he slightly aside. He saw Jane looking on worriedly but he could never appear weak in front of his daughter.

Whispering to Pocahontas, "Lie to you?" he half laughed "When have I ever?" he enveloped her in a tight embrace leaning over her small frame. She was the dearest thing him in the world along with his two kids.

Murmuring, almost with sob stuck in his throat, into the crook of her neck "I don't know how much longer I can do this." he pulled away slowly, staying close to his friend "I never wanted this war. I didn't start it either, I got caught up in the mess of it and now, I just want it to end, I want to end it. I want Frollo dead and I want to make my peace with Korso"

When Jane spoke up, he looked at her. Angered almost "How did you hear that?" his scouts had told him as much and unless they had blabbed, which they knew better than to do, he knew not how Jane had got wind of this. He looked at Pocahontas and moved forward towards Jane. His darks eyes burning.
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 am

Jane's eyebrows furrowed and she folded her arms slightly, with a look that almost entirely replicated her fathers. She was so alike to him in some ways.

"If I told you how I knew, you would cut off my source of information and then I'd never find out anything," Jane protested, though she wasn't angry, it took a lot more than this for her to be angry at her father, she was worried. "Daddy, is it true?" She stepped closer towards him and took his hand in hers as her eyes lingered on his face uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:55 am

Pocahontas saw how he looked at her, and could tell he was stressed.. And more then usual. She then was a little caught off guard with him taking her by her wrist and leading her away from his children. She looked at him when he stopped, and waited to hear what he wanted to say.

"Lie to you? When have I ever?"

Pocahontas laughed softly, before shaking her head.

"Never." She whispered. Before she froze a little when he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I don't know how much longer I can do this. I never wanted this war. I didn't start it either, I got caught up in the mess of it and now, I just want it to end, I want to end it. I want Frollo dead and I want to make my peace with Korso"

Her eyes softened as she looked at her friend, a friend who was hurting. She put her hand on his shoulder and smiled a little.

"I know.. I want it to end too. I don't like seeing everyone so stressed." She whispered. "But you can do this, and I'm going to be by your side like always. Remember, I'm your partner in this." She smiled wider as she hugged her friend.

Though the hug was cut off short when Jane suddenly spoke, and it made her heart skip a beat. It was surprising Jane knew what was going on. She then looked at Dean who wanted to know how she found out. Before looking back at Jane when she responded.

Though she knew she couldn't interfere with this, since Jane was asking her father. Not her. Though seeing Jane look at Dean, it made her hope that her kids would never find out about this war. And that Pheobus were keeping them safe right now.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 am

He growled at Jane. Looming over her. He was the tallest in the clan by feet. Even his son looked up to him, literally. He was the alpha after all.

He took her shoulder firmly and, with teeth clenched leant over her "If I wanted you to know anything outside of what I tell you, I'd inform you myself! I will NOT have my daughter, who can't even shift to protect herself contacting outsiders, you are undermining me, you FATHER, putting this clan in danger and yourself! How do you think your mother would feel if something happened to you Jane? If she were still with us? She gave her life to bring you to me, and you would so casually throw it away?" his grip on her arm tightened.

As much as he loved Jane she was too much of her mother for his liking. Tulio was the image of him through and through. And he knew he would grow up to be a great man, a great leader. Jane he was unsure of. Now and then he saw glimmers of himself in her but not often enough. That's why he was marrying her to Sinbad, at least he trusted Sinbad to ground her and keep her safe.

"I have a war on my hands, that has lasted longer than you have been alive, I do not need a war in my own home ofr to worry about you because you are being an idiot" he snapped

Last edited by Dean on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 am

Pocahontas looked straight at Dean when he started to yell at Jane, and quickly moved forward to place her hand on his shoulder. Though when it seemed not to work, she gripped his shoulder and let him continue to yell. And when he was done, she pushed him back a little. Something she always did when he yelled at Jane, or Tulio.

"Dean, calm down. Now." She whispered, before she looked back at Jane. Before looking back at Dean, and when she saw that he wasn't looking at her. She made him look at her. "Go cool down, please.. I'll talk to Jane. And when I'm done I'll come to you, and talk to you about what we are going to talk about when the meeting starts." Pocahontas said as she gave him a serious look, a look that she always gave him when she was trying to help.

She then backed away and looked at Jane.

"Your father is overly stressed, you know he didn't mean to call you stupid. He loves you dearly, Jane. He just doesn't want to lose you. You and Tulio are his most treasured gifts. Though I agree he shouldn't have kept something like this away from you. But it was because he was protecting you. Just remember that, okay?" She said as she smiled softly.

[[OOC EDIT: CRAP SORRY CHESSIE!!! X-X I WAS SO IN THE WRAP OF HAVING A MOTHERLY SPEECH TO JANE, I POSTED BEFORE YOU! SORRY MY LOVE!]]
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am

Jane's anger peaked, this was clearly going to be one of the rare occassions she became annoyed at her father. His word hurt her and instead of showing it, she retalliated. She didn't appreciate being seen as weak, she wouldn't be a burden and she wouldn't be a weakness. Didn't her father understand that was why she strove to learn as much as she could? To work out what was going on around her in order to be able to protect herself if necessary. How was she supposed to be strong if she was clueless? Her strength was in her mind, she had always known this. Yet her father didn't seem to grasp it.

Pocahontas' kind words and hand on her shoulder helped to calm her somewhat and interrupted the anger that was about to slip from her mouth. She listened to her, she respected Pocahontas like a mother and her words meant a great deal, the majority of what her father had said she could cope with. It was the werewolf comment that hurt her the most, her greatest fear, her greatest weakness and her greatest pain.

"How can you say that to me?" Jane's mind raced, his insensitivity had pained her but she refused to tear up in front of him, instead she furiously stood her ground. "I would give anything to be a werewolf and you know it, you cannot use that against me! I will find a way to turn, with or without you." Her eyes remained constant and steady, her body tensed.

"As for now, you clearly don't want me to know anything thats going on, so goodbye father." Jane's voice was coarse and she forced a smile and nodded to Pocahontas for her kindness. Nonetheless, she couldn't stand her daddy's company for another moment longer. He had never spoken to her so. She walked hastily out of the caves and didn't turn back.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:41 am

Dean snarled after Jane as she left but when Pocahontas through him that look he composed himself. And went about carrying out the meeting. He confirmed the rumours, he was met with angry roars and call for actions and of course his decisions to bide their time till they knew they best way to go about attack was met with disparaged rebukes.

He put his foot down. Made it law. And as the clan left the room he scowled at Pocahontas and nodded for him to follow him to his chambers. Once they were in the sanctity of his rooms he let rip. Throwing a table against the wall like it was nothing

"Why did you do that!" he turned and looked at Pocahontas, pointing furiously as if Jane was behind her, his eyes burning a dangerous blue "THAT GIRL NEEDS TO LEARN THAT SHE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE OUTSIDE THE CLAN, NOR IS SHE FUCKING ABLE TO CARE FOR HERSELF" he roared, his body shuddering "SHE SPENDS ALL HER TIME WITH HER HEAD IN A BLOODY BOOK!" he inhaled a heated breath "You had NO right" he strode closer "NO RIGHT! TO interupt!"
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am

Pocahontas sighed when Jane left the room, before she looked at Dean and saw the scowl he was giving to her. She sighed once again and followed him to his room. She stood still and waited to see what he was doing.

"Why did you do that!"

Pocahontas jumped as her blue eyes widened a little. She knew that Dean was probably upset with her now, but she didn't expect to be yelled at like he was yelling at her.

"THAT GIRL NEEDS TO LEARN THAT SHE'S NOT OLD ENOUGH TO BE OUTSIDE THE CLAN, NOR IS SHE FUCKING ABLE TO CARE FOR HERSELF. SHE SPENDS ALL HER TIME WITH HER HEAD IN A BLOODY BOOK! You had NO right, NO RIGHT! TO interupt!"

Pocahontas' eyes narrowed at the words he spoke to her. She did have a right to interrupt, the things he said to Jane wasn't appropriate and wasn't right at all. She moved towards Dean, and suddenly slapped him across the face.

"I did have the right, Dean! I had the right to interrupt! The things you said to Jane were cruel! I understand your under a lot of stress my dear friend, but you don't take it out on your family! The people who love, and care for you! It isn't right! I understand you want to protect her, but don't call her stupid and call her out for not being a werewolf! It's shameful to you!" She yelled at him as her body stayed tall and straight, and held that fierce, hard look.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:54 am

His face stung with the force of her hand striking him. He bit his lip and listened to her talk, his chest heaving with anger. When she finished he snapped around grabbing her firmly by the shoulders pushed her back against the wall. Towering over her "Don't you dare strike me" his eyes were icey blue and his breath was heated and he pressed himself against her to remind her he was in control her but, his weakened and his blues faded to soft tear rimmed brown as he collapsed to his knees and rested his head softly against her stomach

"I can't do this anymore" he half sobbed "I really can't"
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:01 am

Pocahontas braced herself for the impact of the push. She looked at him and held that hard look, and saw that is was being returned with another hard look. She stood straighter when he pressed himself against her, knowing he was telling her he was in control.

But before she could push him away, a tear fell down his cheek, and he fell to his knees. She looked down at him with widened eyes, shocked to see how fast he broke. She tensed a little when he rested his head against her stomach. Though her eyes softened when she heard him speak.

She went down to her knees and hugged her friend. "I'm sorry for slapping you, but you didn't have the right to yell at me like you did.. And I'm so sorry what this war is doing to you, I hate seeing you like this. And I hate this war too.. but we all have to stick with each other, and not get mad at each other. I understand your upset, stressed, and angry.. But let's make that all go towards the war, and try to stop it Dean." She said as she pulled back and gently made him look at her.

"We have to stick together.."
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 am

He both loved and hated when she stood her ground. Feeling her against him reminded him why he adored her so much, he omitted a low gutteral growl before he became completely overwhelmed.

He whimpered like a kicked puppy when she came to her knees and held him.

"You're right...I...I didn't mean to yell at you" he looked at her, his almost black eyes rimmed with tears and he rested his forehead on hers "I'm so sorry" he cupped her face in his hands and closed his eyes, whispering "forgive me, I-I need you to forgive me, I need..." he trailed of and his frame shrank more as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. There was no distance between them, there never had been. There were each others counter weight. He pulled her onto he hunched knees so she straddled his lap and he began to sob, openly into her chest, clutching at her as if to keep himself grounded in the moment, as if to remind himself he wasn't as alone as he felt.
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 am

Pocahontas looked at him and held his wrist when he cupped her face. She could feel the tears welling up as he kept breaking down in front of her. Something she wished to never see again.. not like that day.. Oh god that day..

"I forgive you, Dean. I forgive you, I can never be purely mad at you." She said softly, wanting him to know she could never not, not forgive him. It was purely impossible.

She tensed a little, before relaxing when he pulled her into a hug. Though she closed her eyes when he started to sob into her chest. She hugged him back, telling him that everything was going to be okay.

"Everything will be alright, Dean.. I promise.. I promise." She whispered as she was trying not to cry. Oh god how she hated to see him like this.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:22 am

He clutched her tighter as she spoke. It was that day all over again. The anger into overwhelming sadness and here she was comforting him. He practically clawed at her skin, nuzzling into her neck as he sobbed

"I'm sorry" he kept whimpering "I promised you...I swore...nothing would happen to you...that I...oh god....I'm sorry" folding his body into hers "forgive me Poca, for everything?"
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:25 am

Pocahontas closed her eyes at how he was holding her.. She was remembering that whole day once again. That horrible day. She then straighten her back a little when he clawed at her skin.

"I promised you...I swore...nothing would happen to you...that I...oh god....I'm sorry. forgive me Poca, for everything?"

She looked down at him and cupped his face and had him look at her once again.

"I forgive you, I forgave you already for everything." She said softly as she smiled at him, hoping he would calm down now.
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 am

((O.o'' I'm arrived in a bad moment...))

Anya walked inside the cave.. Dean had called, and everybody had to be there.. She snorted.. Why the h.. did he call them for a meeting when he knew that she had to go to work?! She shrugged.. hopefully this wouldn't take much time and she'll be back in a heart beat!

But as soon as she opened the door and raised her look to watch around her eyes blinked.. there was stormy air in the room.. Off.. she snorted when she watched Dean and Pocahontas' faces.. Here someone has just finish to row.. she chuckled taking a seat at the end of the room.. she stretched herself and took over her coat and her big hat, laying them on the floor..

"This will be longer than expected.." she whispered giving away in her armchair trying to hide her annoyed look..
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 am

[[OOC Anya, actually the meeting is over. ^^'' Sorry...You could post somewhere else though.]]
Back to top Go down
Anya

Anya

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 am

((Ops! XD Ok.. i'm leaving! XD Sorry! I missed that part! XD Embarassed ))

Tatatata.. Anya is leaving.. XD
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 pm

OOC: Shocked I read something about me too in there, but dunno if I should post or not....
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:49 am

Pocahontas wrote:
Pocahontas closed her eyes at how he was holding her.. She was remembering that whole day once again. That horrible day. She then straighten her back a little when he clawed at her skin.

"I promised you...I swore...nothing would happen to you...that I...oh god....I'm sorry. forgive me Poca, for everything?"

She looked down at him and cupped his face and had him look at her once again.

"I forgive you, I forgave you already for everything." She said softly as she smiled at him, hoping he would calm down now.

He loosened his grip slightly , pulling away to look at her. He rested his forehead against hers and rocked her body into his until his arms enveloped her whole frame. He held her like that for a moment. Remember simpler days when the two of them thought they would live a different life, but responsibilities and other peoples plans changed all that.

"What would I do without you" he sighed softly, kissing her gently on the cheeks, his lips lingering for a moment while he settled himself and nuzzled against her "I think I'd be lost without you, I know I would be"
Back to top Go down
Pocahontas

Pocahontas

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:02 am

Pocahontas looked at him when he pulled away, and rested his forehead against hers. She was a little caught of guard with him rocking her, but knew he just needed comfort.. And he asked for comfort in ways only him and her would understand.

She then laughed softly at his question. "I think you wouldn't be calm at all, and more stressed then you are now." She smiled, before closing her eyes when he kissed her on the cheek. This was the way he had always thanked her. Though she didn't mind due to the fact he had always did that.

Her blue eyes then looked at his dark eyes when he said that last sentence. "I think I would be lost too, your my bestest friend here.. Someone I come to when I need help.." She said softly, before smiling once again.
Back to top Go down
Dean

Dean

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 am

Nothing could shake their bond. Nothing. And noone. They would always be a part of each others life. ONly one of them could rip them from eachother. Dean's love for the humans had put a riff between them for a long time but it was nothing they weren't able to weather and overcome.

He smiled softly back at her. He stood and lifted her with him. Holding her about his hips for a moment before setting her back on her feet "I adore you, my blue-eyed darling" he grinned and kissed her again on the cheek, letting his hand slip into hers and just hold for a second. There was so much more they said in silence, that only they understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now we sound the drums of war!   Now we sound the drums of war! Empty

Back to top Go down

Now we sound the drums of war!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forsaken Bloodlines :: Mountain :: Secret Caves-
Jump to: