Forsaken Bloodlines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans Witches Werewolves Vampires

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane

Jane

Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules Empty
PostSubject: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 am

Hello Everyone,

So, I just wanted to bring to your attention, some valid concerns have been addressed by a member of the forum and I wish to share them with you now so we can all continue to roleplay in a happy environment.

Firstly, the mature content; sexual content. I wish for people to label the topics in which this is contained as "Topic Name [MATURE]" so people can avoid reading it, if so desired. If only a few posts in a topic happen to be of mature content, please just state "[This post may be considered MATURE]" before your post begins.
Thankyou for your discretion.

Secondly, cross-species taboo, please bare in mind, this is still not warrented by any of the species, whether they particularly get on with another clan or not as it is mostly viewed as "un-natural". Think back to when homosexuality was viewed as a sin, it is similar to that. Cross-species relationships MUST be hidden, one of the reasons Jane has been hidden so well. And also, there can't be too many in a roleplay; obviously, I will not stop you from doing so but I do wish for no more to materialise any time soon.
Thankyou for your co-operation.

Admin: SailorChessie
Back to top Go down
https://forsakenbloodlines.rpg-board.net
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:53 am

Ugh, thank you! I was talking with someone about Mature content warnings on threads... kind of happy now that I know I'm not the only one thinking it's a good idea. ( which it really is, so you don't go reading into a thread thinking it's all nice then BAM SEX EVERYWHERE )

Imagine being an inter-special gay couple oh wait... damn, I'm screwed.

Also! While I'm thinking of it. Due to the time period, if I can remember any of my freaking European history, I would believe homosexuality is not exactly frowned upon. Massive orgies were had in the time period, again I don't remember exactly feel free to correct me, with male/male woman/woman action going on in the public eyes. I'm trying to remember my Medieval/Dark Ages history and all that jumps out at me is The Plague.

And before you tell me to like google this information, I tried. I don't have access to my AP Euro History book and it's driving me insane.

So, quick question. Is homosexuality okay in this RP with the time setting? Or would tomatoes be thrown at two men or two women before they were tarred and quartered because of their sexuality at this time period?

/ugh I feel really stupid right now. Don't mind me. Dark Ages so aren't my specialty.

Because this could really affect canon couplings...
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:56 pm

The homosexuality thingy was in ancient Rome. In the middle ages it was not so popular considering the vengefull God and such who frowned upon such behaviour. Although I have read into my own countrys history some and found this interesting. That being gay was not talked about. Like if there were two men or two women living together in the same house, no one would question their doings, cause it was a taboo and not talked about. But bare in mind, if the couple was showing affection publicly it was probably not a good idea. So translation: What you do in private is your buisness, but God forbid if you do it publicly!! -le gasp-
Back to top Go down
Jim

Jim

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 pm

I was on the phone with my Dad while I read your post.

I started laughing and I couldn't tell him why I was.

BUT Now that you mention it, it was Ancient Rome. I feel stupid. XD

So, Miguel and I are screwed. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Back to top Go down
Tulio

Tulio

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 pm

XDDD No you are not, if they just keep it a secret and don't show affection publicly then it should be just fine ^^
Back to top Go down
Jane

Jane

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 pm

But everyone has to also consider, this is Aevus; a made-up land where werewolves, witches and vampires casually walk the streets so they may or may not believe in God. Either way, I don't think it will be frowned on as much as historical europe xD
Back to top Go down
https://forsakenbloodlines.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules   Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerns Leading to New Implemented Rules
Page 1 of 1